I am first and foremost a mother of 3 and a Dietitian second. I have first hand experience of a toddler who refused to eat and lived on 5 foods for years. My eldest was diagnosed with eczema and egg allergy in infancy. I know how difficult it can be to feed your child well and how to get them to eat healthy food. I know how confusing it can be to separate food fact from fiction. I know how frustrating and worrying it is to live with food allergies.
I established NutriKids with all of these issues in mind. My job is to help you-I have the knowledge and experience.
My qualifications and experience include:
- Registered Dietitian DI007508 with Coru
- Honours BSc. Human Nutrition & Dietetics, Trinity College Dublin1992.
- Honours Diploma Human Nutrition & Dietetics, Dublin Institute of Technology, 1992.
- Registered Nutritionist & Dietitian, as a member (no.190) of the Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute since 1992.
- An Garda Síochána Central Vetting unit clearance November 2011, July 2013, July 2015, April 2017.
- Trained in allergy and anaphylaxis management in the community October 2014.
- Trained in SOS assessment of problem feeders June 2014.
- Appointed by the Minister for Health to the Dietitian’s Registration Board at Coru in February 2013. Re-elected by INDI members in May 2017.
- Appointed by the Minister for Health as a member of the Health and Social Care Professions Council at Coru in May 2017.
- Acute practice placement tutor for UCD MSc Dietetics students 2017.
- Senior Paediatric Dietitian 1998-2008, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Dublin; dedicated to the nutritional assessment and dietetic management of infants and children.
- Founding member and Honorary Secretary of the Irish Food Allergy Network 2010.
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Paediatric Allergy, Imperial College London 2012.